Table of Contents
- Real Estate Agents
Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd provides insurance for the Accounting profession including Professional Indemnity and Office Insurance.
Accountancy as a profession came to the fore when Luca Pacioli made Double Entry bookkeeping ‘the way’ to keep and maintain your books and allowed a business to keep a historical record of their finances. Luca was from the time of Leonardo Da Vinci who was his best mate. For quite a while after this, growing up to be an Accountant was like being a rock star, except maybe you did not get the babes. If you were from a well to do family back in the day, you would want your sons to either be, an accountant, a priest, or a general.
The range of services now being offered by accounting practices is very broad and comprehensive. In today’s environment, Accountants are becoming very much the in-house business advisor, and offering more and more consulting services to their clients.
Potential activities of an Accountant are provided below:
- Tax lodgement;
- Bookkeeping / Payroll services;
- Executorship & trusteeship;
- Insolvencies, liquidations & receivership;
- Mergers, acquisitions, disposals;
- Management consultancy;
- Receivership services;
- Pure accounting services;
- Business or share valuations;
- Investment advice;
- Third-party arrangement of insurance, financial services and investments;
- Secretarial & share registration;
Accountants provide professional advice, therefore, Accounting Professional Indemnity insurance is a very important and integral part of your overall insurance programme.
Because accounting services can be so broad, the Professional Indemnity insurance exposures are many.
Some of the more common sources of claims include:
- Breach of professional duty of care including negligent acts, advice, errors or omissions;
- Wrongful/erroneous advice and work;
- Breach of contract;
- Lack of professional conduct;
- Errors in financial reporting, statements of clients;
- Conflict of interest;
- Not paying attention to details;
- Invasion of privacy;
- Loss of documents or data entrusted to the insured;
- Unintentional breach of confidence, confidential duty or misuse of information;
- Unintentional breaches of the Trade Practices Act;
- Breaches of Data Protection/Privacy legislation.
Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd can provide Professional Indemnity insurance to meet your Accounting insurance needs.
As your insurance broker, we also have access to office and business insurance package policies that are specifically designed for Accountancy Practices. These policies provide coverage with unique multiple benefits such as:
- Whilst acting as Receiver – Automatic cover $ 250,000 Contents / 90 days from appointment
- Event cancellation coverage
- Unlimited Indemnity Period for business interruption
- Computer Breakdown
- Full Accidental Damage
Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd has experience in handling insurances for major corporate clients.
If you are a CEO or CFO and would like to have a proper and thorough review of your insurance programme undertaken, please contact Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd.
We specialise in providing cost effective insurance solutions to companies paying between $ 50,000 to $ 1,000,000 per annum.
We can also assist those clients intending on undertaking an IPO with the resultant risks attached.
Our areas of corporate insurance expertise include:
- Co-ordination of local overseas placements with overseas insurers in order to meet legislature requirements
- Export insurance
- Formal risk audits and proposals relating to Risk Management including Cyber
- Strategic review of existing insurances
- Structuring of corporate insurance programme
- Access to legal reviews of your contracts you sign as a Third Party, and how the indemnity and insurance provisions relate to your current insurance programme
- Additional service offerings tailored for your needs
With our Head Office located in Brisbane CBD, Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd is at the ready to assist you in making sure that your insurance programme is cost and cover efficient.
A property structured corporate insurance programme provides ease of mind, and is a cost effective manner of reducing your risk.
Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd have expertise in providing insurance for real estate agencies.
The major services offered by real estate agencies can be very broadly categorised into the following areas:
- Property Management
This can be further categorised into Residential or Commercial.
Real estate insurance includes coverage for the following:
- Business Interruption
- Motor Vehicle
- Corporate Travel
- Professional Indemnity
Professional Indemnity exposure can sometimes be misunderstood.
The exposure will vary depending on the nature of the service and type of clientele serviced.
Real estate service providers are in the business of providing information and making recommendations including advice in the course of effecting real estate sales, property management and additional services. These activities may give rise to claims for breaches in professional duty.
- Some of the more common sources of Professional Indemnity claims against real estate firms include:
- Breach of professional duty of care e.g. valuations, checks on tenants;
- Wrongful advice in relation to property investments;
- Negligent acts, errors or omissions e.g. in advertising, residential or lease contracts;
- Loss of documents or data entrusted to the insured;
- Unintentional breach of confidence, privacy legislation or misuse of information;
- Unintentional breaches of the Trade Practices Act or specific property/real estate legislation and/or
- Breaches of Privacy
Contact Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd today for a confidential discussion.