Medical Malpractice insurance protects both professionals and establishments in the fields of medical and allied health fields against liability arising from their acts, errors or omissions in the provision of those health care services. Firms or incorporated bodies providing health care services whether they operate a general practice, medical centre, clinic, day surgery, nursing home beauty salon and/ or cosmetic surgery, or hospital can still be held responsible for the provision of such health care services regardless of whether the medical practitioner or locum doctor is an employee or not, and regardless of whether the practitioner or locum has their own individual medical indemnity insurance.
Depending on the provider, Medical Malpractice insurance can provide cover from the following:
- Breach of duty (including duty of confidentiality)
- Claims of bodily injury caused by a medical act or omission
- Loss of or damage to documents (to the full policy limit)
- Medical Benefits Fraud Cover (vicarious liability cover)
- Fund raising & social activities cover
- Infringement of intellectual property
- Molestation Defence Costs Cover
- Litigation costs associated with court cases and statutory and regulatory inquiries
Contact Business Insurance Specialists today to find out more about Medical Malpractice insurance.