Lifestyle, Aged Care or Retirement Villages are becoming more common place in our society due to both an aging population and the difficulties that older family members have staying at home and having access to all the modern day essentials.
Further to this, appropriate insurances are required in order to ensure that the risks of running a retirement village are reduced for owners and operators, and also residents.
Types of insurance for Lifestyle Retirement Villages should include:
- Material Damage
- Business Interruption
- Machinery and Electronic Equipment
- Professional Indemnity
Some of the potential exposures arising from professional advice which may cause injury or death to a resident in a Retirement village include:
- Failure to adequately supervise residents in care
- Breach of privacy
- Failure to provide medicines or allow for known medical conditions
- Failure to perform appropriate employment checks, thereby employing unsuitable or dangerous staff
- Food poisoning outbreaks, involving similar issues
- Poor infection control
- Allegations of physical and sexual abuse which can also potentially emanate from restraining or punishing an unruly resident.
For a review of your insurances, contact Business Insurance Specialists Pty Ltd.